REGISTRATION IS CLOSED BUT — OPENING MID DECEMBER for January 2017 session
Your personal style is your leverage
That’s right. When style is understood and used it becomes the long bar that lets you flip a boulder (or get a stack of photos scrapbooked) without breaking a sweat.
If you’re like me, there are stories about your daily life, your traditions and travels, and even a few ah-ha moments that you want to remember–and, thus, that you want recorded with images, words or both. You might even want to finish pages you love so much that you prop them up on the table for a few days or add them to your smartphone wallpaper. This kind of creating takes time, though, and can even be frustrating.
The ideal memory-keeping scenario is one in which you enjoy the time spent creating and finish pages with the stories that matter to you in visual designs that you like, all the while keeping the time spent from being so lengthy and exhausting that it creeps into those hours when you want to be living your life and making more memories.
Understand and leverage your style to make this happen.
Something you already own–your personal style–is the tool that can make creating more efficient and artistically satisfying.
This class will provide the lessons, worksheets, and direction for you to understand your style and start using its full power.
This class is designed for quick actionable results. At the end of Style is Leverage, you will:
- understand your story style and your design style
- know how to leverage your aesthetic preferences and personal talents for efficient and successful creation
- have a personalized set of completed worksheets that you can use with the lesson challenges to push your storytelling skills and artistry
What you get with Style is Leverage
Each day you receive: a short, actionable pdf lesson with worksheets for defining and leveraging your scrapbooking style, video lesson, access to a live event with guest designer (and recording after). Chat in the community forums about your discoveries, and ask questions and share at the daily live webinars. We’ll have recordings of all live events. You may submit questions the morning of the event if you can’t attend live.
While we’d love to have you working alongside us the week of the 13th, you could also time-shift and do it on your own later. The lessons, videos, live event recordings and community will all remain in place. BUT you must subscribe or purchase by April 15th.
This video is a detailed look at what each of the 5 days covers as well as who we’ll be talking to in the daily live events.
The five-day agenda
Mon, Apr 13: Story style. reveal | leverage | develop
9am ET pdf and video | 2pm ET live webinar/chat (recording provided after)
At the webinar event, guest designer Jennifer Wilson share her story, aesthetic, compositional and process styles as well as the masteries she leverages and the frustrations she avoids.
This session presents examples of story styles and a worksheet for drilling down on your story style. To go with your story style discovery, you’ll get specific steps for leveraging your current story style and developing–or even pushing–it, if that’s your desire.
Tues, Apr 14: Aesthetic preferences. reveal | leverage | develop
9am ET pdf and video | 8pm ET live webinar/chat (recording provided after).
At the webinar event, guest designer Lynn Grieveson shares her story, aesthetic, compositional and process styles as well as the masteries she leverages and the frustrations she avoids.
This session’s worksheet gets you figuring out what you like in color, motif, shape, texture, mood and more. Specific steps for working with your aesthetic preferences to be more efficient and creative as well as for taking your style new places once you know these things are in the lesson.
Wed, Apr 15: Real estate allocation. reveal | leverage | develop
9am ET pdf and video | 9:30 am ET live webinar/chat (recording provided after).
At the webinar event, guest designer Ashley Calder shares her story, aesthetic, compositional and process styles as well as the masteries she leverages and the frustrations she avoids.
This lesson presents more practical questions that are key to having a style you can leverage. From your approach to cropping photos and arranging them on the page to your concern (or lack of concern) with design principles, you’ll see what works for you, why, and how to make it work even better.
Thurs, Apr 16: Masteries and frustrations. reveal | leverage | develop
9am ET pdf and video | 8 pm ET live webinar/chat (recording provided after).
At the webinar event, guest designer Doris Sander shares her story, aesthetic, compositional and process styles as well as the masteries she leverages and the frustrations she avoids.
What are you good at and what just stops you in your tracks when you’re creating scrapbook pages? From color selection to pattern mixing to technique, what you do well is a key part of your style. Understand how to leverage your masteries and even push your style when you capitalize on them. Because your style needs to be workable, understanding frustrations is as important as knowing your masteries.
Fri, Apr 17: Process. reveal | leverage | develop
9am ET pdf and video | 1pm ET live webinar/chat (recording provided after).
At the webinar event, guest designer Betsy Sammarco shares her story, aesthetic, compositional and process styles as well as the masteries she leverages and the frustrations she avoids.
This lesson gets at drivers of your style that have to do with getting the work done — from product to workspace to order in which you approach the tasks of making a page. Use the worksheet to define your process style and then actionable ideas for leveraging your process style.
Live event guest designers
Here’s what students in the 2014 session of this class said about Style is Leverage
- I loved it. I didn’t think I had any style at all, but you were right. I do have a scrapbooking style. I learned something in every lesson. Keep bringing us the wonderful events please. I visit Get It Scrapped almost every day and even before I check email. – Karen Coffee
- Enjoyed it all, particularly the thought-provoking questions in the handouts. They made me actually think about why I do it the why I do. Enjoyed the meetings, they were light and fun; got insight to other designers. – Carole Karras
- I liked the diversity of styles represented throughout the week. I liked how you broke down and explained the elements of style. You are a master at helping us all become better in our own styles, rather than merely presenting something for us to copy. I found the worksheets helpful in identifying my own elements of style. I loved it. Period. I am learning so much from all of the classes, but this event is in my top 3 favorites. – Sara
- I liked the way the lessons guided me through analyzing my scrapbook pages to determine my style. I am fairly new at scrapbooking so my scrapbook pages are all over the place as I try new and different things on each page trying to find my style. Using the lessons I was able to pinpoint what styles are most pleasing to me. I like the challenges in each lesson that encourage going a little beyond what you are doing right now to grow in your style. I was empowered by the Masteries & Frustrations Lesson. The Process Lesson is perhaps the most helpful lesson of all. Learning the different processes for working through a scrapbook page taught me there is an orderly way to get from start to finish whether I start with a story/photo, a technique, a composition/design, a product or a page element. – Janet Kline
- Each morning I read the lesson and printed the worksheet. Then I watched the video for the lesson. After that I looked at my scrapbook pages with a different set of eyes. I really enjoyed this approach, having the pdf, the video and then a live webinar. When joining in on the webinars I felt like I was actually sitting in a classroom each day listening to awesome designers talking about their approach to making a page. – Bev Schweppe
- I loved it, it has been my favourite class yet. It has helped me realize that I hate cutting alphas out of alpha sheets and keeping track of supplies and I realized what I am good at, what I do enjoy – the photos and stories. – Stefanie
- Keep the great content coming! My GIS membership has been worth every penny. – Kristan Wun
- Absolutely LOVED it! I loved the wealth of information and the way it was delivered – Cara
- I am loving and learning so much! THANK YOU to EVERYONE who contributes to making this one of the best scrapbooking investments I have made. I don’t know why I ever hesitated to join. – Cathy R.
- Thanks for all the amazing classes you bring us. They just keep getting better and better. And thanks for the opportunity of learning from the best teachers. I absolutely love Get It Scrapped – Niurka
Your guide, host, and teacher for Style is Leverage
I’m Debbie Hodge. I have an MBA with a concentration in operations management, and I’ve studied creative writing for over 20 years. I’m passionate about recording memories with image and words and sharing approaches for doing this well.
For the last 6 years, I’ve owned and taught at Get It Scrapped.com. I’ve worked with over 50 designers in the scrapbook industry, including recording over 250 hours of interviews with them. The result is an understanding of style, the many forms it takes, and its ability to give anyone engaged in creative pursuits leverage — leverage to create with efficiency and art. I write the lessons, create the videos, develop the interviews, and interact with you in our private community during the 5-day event, “Style is Leverage.”
Leverage YOUR style
Register today, for this compact and personalized class that’s designed to get you creating with joy, ease, and artistry. We offer a one-time registration option for Style is Leverage, but current subscribers to the Get It Scrapped Membership get it free–in their permanent class library to keep forever. If you’re a Get It Scrapped member, you’re already registered!
[toggle title_open=”Get It Scrapped customers love their membership. Click here for the proof!” title_closed=”Get It Scrapped customers love their membership. Click here for the proof!” hide=”yes”][testimonials][/toggle]
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Don’t miss this chance to leverage that scrapbooking tool you already own: YOUR PERSONAL STYLE! Register today.[/sixcol_four][sixcol_two_last][/sixcol_two_last][divider_flat]